Monday, August 26, 2013

Sale Savvy Saturday

I'm cheap.

Yup, I said it.

If there was a Thrift Shoppers Anonymous, I would be a card-carrying member... except I have no intention to recover anytime soon.

Nearly everything in our house and in my closet is second hand. If I have to pay full price, I cringe. Surely, there is a coupon or a sale somewhere... even if it's just to save a few cents.

My oasis... my "spa day"... my haven... my respite... my one day a month that's just about me and my little addiction is the first Saturday of every month.  It's a tradition or ritual if you will.  My mother and I load up early in the morning and get our Starbucks fix.  Then, we pop on over to the local Goodwill where everything is half off.  Nope... I'm not kidding.  EVERYTHING. IS. HALF. OFF.

My antique dining room table? $45
Clothes for my baby? $1 a pop
A pair of jeans? $4
A designer blouse? $2.50

Of course, that's not the only thing that happens on a Saturday where you can get good deals.  Yard sales happen on Saturdays and yard sales mean haggling.

Our brand new jogging stroller? $20
One of four wedding dresses I ended up purchasing for my wedding in 2011 (that's another story all together...)? $60
The large area rug in our nursery? $5

And several other thrift shops in the area follow suit and offer blanket sales (50% off the whole store) or selective sales (50% off clothing or orange tags or kids items or furniture).

Our diaper bag? $2
Most of my maternity clothes? $2 a pop

I can't wait to show you my haul every month and share tips and tricks with you along the way.  Happy Hunting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment